Pages

Friday, January 15, 2021

One Person's Rot, Is Another's Feast

Title of this post is a foodie version of the saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure" only not as alliterate. 

Couple of photos here:   


I took this shot  last week when clearing out the fridge, which stopped working a couple of days prior. Top shot is the "instagram crop" - bottom shot is the full view. The fungus creates beauty in its,destruction, as to exist, it must destroy what is. Such is the cycle of life. It was intended to be part of a delicious eggplant parmigiana dish, but fate had other plans. It will now be bug and bacteria food, then compost, and will become life in another form.

As I cleared out the spoiled foid, I wondered why my husband just let the food rot, leaving it for me to clean out on my two days off from the current day gig, I will never know. I can guess it's because he was raised in the 50's and/or had other things on his mind. I can also guess what those things might have been, but I will not share them. You know, privacy and being considerate. 
Admittedly, it's a fine balance, expressing oneself in this life's current state without at least mentioning the "spouse." 

I won't get into laundry wars. Suffice it to say, if I want to use the dryer, I am courteous enough to lay the clothes that are currently taking up that space in such a way that they will not wrinkle any further. No need for lectures about how a pile of clothes dumped on the couch is no more wrinkled than if it was left in said dryer. 

Rumor has it, the new refrigerator is being delivered today, just after my weekly facetime with my mother. I will keep my expectations low,  as some days she is mostly conscious, some days, not so much. Last week, I showed her some photos of days gone by and there was a moment or two of recognition and verbaluzed joy, as she exclaimed a favorite cousin's name. Mom is most attentive and her smiles are biggest when I sing to her. It is my most meaningful singing gig to date. Like too many, it is volunteer. 

I guess since the "pole tortoise" has been impeached a second time, I can make "Peach Mint Tea Blues" visible again on my Bandcamp account.  

Coffee time! I hope you create your best possible day. 

Ox, 
Mari  

Artist unknown (for now) 
Attribution requested. 


No comments:

Post a Comment