Pages

Friday, June 3, 2022

Wear Orange Weekend...

Hello. I don't know about you, but I am unwilling to accept some things as hopeless. Even that word bugs me. Let us choose to hope more, to do more. Look, nothing in life is perfect, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make things better.  
Anyway, let me get to the point. I am wearing orange today. 

No excuses - grab a piece of paper, draw an orange "xo" or a heart or write wearorange.org 
If you are curious enough: 
Now, since my steady gig involves gift wrapping, I will wear an orange ribbon today. Tomorrow, on my day off the day gig, I will wear my Plant t-shirt, because by some stroke of fate, the awesome designer switched the logo colors to orange so it would show up better against the super soft faded black vintage look fabric. Maybe this is the cosmic reason why? All I know is, it is time to do something more about this plague of violence that is robbing innocents of many years of their lives, and many more of the freedom to move about this country. 
Wearing orange shows solidarity -- maybe we should keep wearing it until some sensible legislation is passed. 
It's long past time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment